To turn off drivers being updated during windows updates we have two options. First is to make a group policy change, the other is a small registry tweak.
Group Policy Edit
- Open run by pressing Win + R together then type in:
- press enter
- Once the Group Policy Editor opens go to – Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → Windows Components → Windows Update.
- Double click the option Do not include drivers with Windows Update and Enable it.
- Open Registry Editor by typing in search – gpedit.msc
- Go to the following Registry key:
- On the right side, create a new 32-bit DWORD value named ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate. Set its value data to 1.
- You will need to reboot your computer to apply this edit.