CEO of WhatsApp Jan Koum made the announcement:
“Our web client is simply an extension of your phone: the web browser mirrors conversations and messages from your mobile device – this means all of your messages still live on your phone,” he wrote.
Smartphone users who wish to connect to the client using their web browser must go to https://web.whatsapp.com.
- First you will need to do the WhatsApp update on your phone to version 2.11.498
- Have Google Chrome on your Computer/Mac
- Head over to URL – https://web.whatsapp.com
- You will get a QR code you will need to scan from your phone.
- Open WhatsApp and click the Menu button (Three vertical Dots)
- Click WhatsApp Web
- Now scan the QR code using the WhatsApp scanner.
- Presto, Your contacts and messages will show on your browser.
- Worth noting your WhatsApp will remain open even if you close the tab by going back to the URL – https://web.whatsapp.com
- To make sure you’re close the session open WhatsApp on your phone and open the menu and click WhatsApp Web.
- This will show you the logged in computers you have and clicking the + you can open another session on another computer but you can only have one open at any one time.
- Clicking “Log out from all computers” will close the connection on the computer.
Quick Tip, right click the tab with WhatsApp and Pin it.