- First Download MDT http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=25175
Install MDT on your SCCM server.
- Once downloaded run the msi file.
- Go through the install per on-screen instructions.
- Once installation has completed we need to do some MDT configuring before integration with SCCM.
- Start the Deployment Workbench. (Start, All Programes, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit – Deployment Workbench)
- Open the drop down menu in Information Center.
- Right Click Components and click Check For Updates.
Need to now download the then install Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK)
- Under Components click Windows Automated Installation Kit (x64)
- Click Download at the Bottom.
- Once Downloaded click Install.
- When you click install a cmd window will pop up and install window, simply follow the on screen instructions.
Now to create a New Deployment Share folder
- Still in the Deployment Workbench mmc right click Deployment Shares.
- Follow the on-screen instructions changing the values to fit your environment. Leaving the Options as default.
We now need to make a new Database
- Open the drop menu to get to Databases. (Deployment Shares, MDT Deployment Share, Advanced Configuration – Database)
- Right Click Databases, and click New Database.
- Fill in the settings with your environment information.
Now with all the modules and settings configured we can now start the SCCM MDT integration.
- Open Configure ConfigMgr Integration. (Start, All Programes, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit – Configure ConfigMgr Integration)
- The integration tool should auto fill the settings if not just enter the SCCM server name, click next.
- Click Finish and that’s the integration done.
You will have to close and re-open the SCCM console to view the MDT Task Sequences.
If you are using a remote SCCM console you will need to install the MDT on the computers that have console and need to create/edit MDT Task Sequences. Simply run the .msi file you downloaded at the beginning of this guide and download the WALK x64 and run the intergration.