Warning: is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/virtual/wicher.co.uk/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/attached-posts/templates/title-excerpt-thumbnail.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/local/apache/htdocs:/tmp:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/share:/etc/xml:/etc/pki:/usr/bin-safe:/home:/home2:/home3) in /home/awicher/R571ZSOT/wicher.co.uk/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/attached-posts/wp-plugin-associated-posts-lite.php on line 374
Aug 2014 / Present – British Cycling Federation – ICT Support Technician
Sep 2011 / Aug 2014 – Garstang Community Academy – Senior Network Technician
- Provision of technical support including the set up and maintenance of PC’s, printers, multi-media equipment and network appliances.
- Installation and configuration of standard software on PC’s and managing the software on the application server.
- First line support, and fault diagnosis and resolution, for equipment and services in respect of PC’s, printers, multi-media equipment, network appliances and application server.
- Travelling to and providing technical support work to feeder Primary Schools within the district.
- Set up and support Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- Maintain helpdesk for technical problem reporting.
- Set up and oversee Spiceworks network management tool.
- Evolve knowledge base of technical documentation for future reference.
- Implement ‘Green Policy’ automate shut down and powering on of all workstations at a set key times.
- Setup and maintenance of schools WordPress websites.
- Maintain uptime, updates and performance of servers.
- Re-build servers from Microsoft 2003 Server to Microsoft 2008/12 Server.
- Migrate physical servers to Microsoft Hyper-V Virtual Servers.
- Deploy and maintain wireless infrastructure across the site.
- Deploy and configure the printer server across all networked printers.
- Maintain windows update services server.
- Test and deploy applications using System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Setup and support Office365 SSO server.
- Research improvements for the network and servers.
- Provide cross departmental support and training where applicable.
Oct 2007 / Sep 2011 – Garstang High School – ICT Technician
- Provision of technical support including the set up and maintenance of PC’s, printers, multi-media equipment and network appliances
- Installation and configuration of standard software on PC’s and managing the software on the application server
- First line support, and fault diagnosis and resolution, for equipment and services in respect of PC’s, printers, multi-media equipment, network appliances and application server
- Traveling to and providing technical support work to feeder Primary Schools within the district
- Microsoft Server 2003/2008/2012
- Microsoft Server 2008 Hyper-V
- Microsoft Streaming Media Server
- Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010
- Microsoft Active Directory Users & Computers / Group Policy Management
- Microsoft Internet Information Services
- Microsoft Print Management
- Microsoft Windows Deployment Services
- Microsoft Windows Server Update Services
- Sophos Enterprise Console
- Macintosh OS X
- Several Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007/2012 (SCCM)
- Microsoft Domain Environments
Sep 2004 – June 2007 @ University of Central Lancashire
- BSc Computer Networking Technology – 2:2
Sep 2001 – June 2004 @ Preston College
- BTEC National Diploma Telecommunications & Networking – Merit, Merit, Merit
- BTEC National Diploma Engineering – Merit
Training Courses & Other Qualifications
- Ruckus Wireless Training – 2014
- Health and Safety Training – 2013
- Fire Training – 2013
- Asbestos Training – 2013
- Management Skills for Support Staff – 2012
- Emergency First Aid – 2011
- DSE Assessor Training Course – 2011
- Spiceworks Software Training – 2011
- Every Child Matters – Child in Digital Age – 2011
- Safeguarding Children – 2010
- Child Protection Training – 2009
Hobbies and Interests
I currently enjoy cycling, often commuting by bike, and taking part in regular local sky rides around the Preston and Manchester areas. I also take part in charity bike rides and currently training for the Manchester to Blackpool bike ride in July to raise money for the Christie NHS Foundation Trust which treats cancer patients in the North West.
I also on occasion attend sessions with my local fencing club, and when I was able to attend on a more regular basis I represented my team at a UCLan hosted match and won a silver medal.
I attend regular meet ups with others working in the IT field for both social and professional reasons, including both Preston and Manchester Geek Up, and the annual event BarCamp Blackpool where groups of tech minded people in the UK can share knowledge, network and discuss topics surrounding the technology industry.
I have an interest in web development, creating websites for myself, colleagues and friends and maintaining these in my spare time.
Available on request