I am a highly motivated and reliable graduate, seeking a challenging position within computing.
Education and Qualifications
BSc (Hons) Computer Networking Technology (2:2) University of Central Lancashire
●Double Project (A project testing wireless pre-n and comparing it to current 802.11g. Title: Do Linksys claims live up to testing). ● Computers Society and Law ● Wireless & Mobile networks ● Advanced Network Routing (CCNA 3-4) ● Network Design & Management
●Multimedia Tools & Techniques ● Human-Computer Interaction ● Intro to Network Routing (CCNA 1- 2) ● Computer Security ● Communications & Networks ● Professional Skills
● Practitioner Skills ● Systems Analysis & Design ● PC Internals ● Problem-Solving For Computing ● Program Design and Implementation ● Web Application Development
BTec National Diploma (Merit, Merit, Merit) Preston College
● Mathematics for Technicians ● Business Systems for Technicians ● Data Communications and Networking ● Telecommunications Principles ● Project – Telecommunications ● Telecommunications Systems ● Access Networks ● Network Design and Resilience ● Radio Communications Principles and Applications ● Engineering Workplace Practices ● Communications for Technicians ● Further Mathematics for Technicians ● Introduction to Software Development ● Electronics ● Analogue Electronics ● Digital Electronics ● Microelectronics ● Electronic Computer aided Design and Analysis
BTec First Diploma Engineering (Merit) Preston College
Key Skills (Level 2) Preston College
GCSE Our Lady’s High School, Fulwood
• My knowledge of computing is very intuitive; for many years I have been able to take a computer program and learn very fast how to use it. This I soon found after university is a must needed skill to have when working in a school.
• As my degree is in computing, I have above average knowledge of a wide range of programs and operating systems such as: Macintosh OSX and Windows operating systems including Windows 7 and Server 2008.
• As part of my current position I often attend county training sessions to train me in new software or techniques being introduced into school, so I can continue to provide front line support to my schools network users.
• I see myself as having good communication skills both oral and written which were further developed as part of my day to day work.
• I’m a member of my schools Health & Safety committee.
• Class representative for my university course.
• I enhanced my team working skills through various work projects, such as: Introducing Moodle VLE into school, new content managed school website and back at university helped plan a theoretical prince’s trust charity fund bid.
• As senior network technician I’m pressured to complete different projects with a range of subjects, sometimes with tight deadlines. Also within my second year I was there for any one with in my class to help with problems as part of my class representative responsibilities, making sure that everyone on the same course had their say about their course.
• I have also volunteered and had training to become a school first aider.
• I’m also the schools DSE assessor, where I make sure all DSE users are comfortable with their day to day working environment.
• Building websites is of interest, having built my personal website several times.
• One of my computer interests is within gaming, spending what free time I have on the computer from work relaxing playing EVE-Online. EVE-Online is a game played by tens of thousands of players from all around the world, where team work is a key part of the experience. Many key skills are used within the game such as negotiation, team planning…
• Apart from using the computer for games and personal assignments, I used it for keeping up to date with current technologies, world news, keeping in touch with friends via email or live chat.
• My physical interests are white water rafting, archery, swimming and attending my local gym 3 to 4 times a week.
• Microsoft Server 2003/2008
• Microsoft Server 2008 Hyper-V
• Microsoft Streaming Media Server
• Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010
• Microsoft Active Directory Users & Computers / Group Policy Management
• Microsoft Internet Information Services
• Microsoft Print Management
• Microsoft Windows Deployment Services
• Microsoft Windows Server Update Services
• Sophos Enterprise Console
• Macintosh OS X
• Several Content Management Systems (Mainly WordPress)
• System Centre Configuration Manager 2007/2012
• Windows Server Update Services
• Adobe Photoshop CS5
• Setup up of Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
• Setup up of web based helpdesk for staff to report problems
• Setup and oversee of Spiceworks network management tool
• Setup of knowledgebase for technical documentation for future reference
• Windows service to automatically shutdown all workstations at a set time for workplace “Green Policy”
• Setup and upkeep of academy main website and governors portal using wordpress
• Development of Android based asset management
• Implementation of workplace centralised calendars
• Develop new Group Policy for upgrading Windows XP network to Windows 7
• Logon/Logoff VB scripts for logging user and workstation logons/logoffs
Server & Network Projects
• Re-build of servers from Microsoft 2003 Server to 2008
• Migration of physical servers to Microsoft Hyper-v virtual servers
• Deployment of site wireless infrastructure
• Deployment of all networked printers and configuration of the printer server